
And with a snap of my fingers and a blink of an eye, the 2018/2019 school year comes to an end.
Eeek. I feel like I just wrote a similar statement about the closing of 2nd grade just like..a week ago or something but the reality is, another year has flown by. This year would be the first time Chloe would get to experience have two teachers and I think she really liked both of them, actually. Honestly, for me it was like they were twins on a TV show playing one role or something because we as parents only had limited interaction with each of them but almost never at the same time. They could have been the same person as far as i was concerned, lol. With the conclusion of 3rd grade also means the conclusion of their music class and what better way to close it out than with a little performance for the parents? I also remember having a recorder in 3rd grade and while I knew it was happening this year, nothing could prepare me for the noise that thing would make inside my home when the kids actually got to bring them home. Chloe enjoyed practicing it but it certainly took a while to turn the sharp sounds of noise making into actually practicing the songs they learned however Chloe(like me) seems to have a knack for musical instruments. She got really good after a while and with a few strategically closed doors, she could practice to her hearts content. The entire 3rd grade class would perform a few short songs on the recorder and then sing another together. Weeks and months of preparation and that was that. Chloe now seems to have a newly found interested in possibly playing an instrument in band next year..so we'll see what that turns into.
Also, on Wednesday of this week Heather and I would get direct messages from the teacher(s) at 6:45am letting us know that Chloe would be receiving the final Character award of the school year at the morning flag salute. "if we would be able to make it", she says. I don't know if stuff like this is supposed to be a big secret or why we always get an hours notice when this sort of thing happens but fortunately I was able to make it and snap some photos of Chloe receiving her award. A nice way to close out the school year with what I would consider the top honor(they didn't call it that but I am calling it that, lol) as she is basically being acknowledged as displaying ALL of the character traits they would like the kids to exemplify. She told me afterwards that she was very surprised to hear her name called (and I don't think she thought I was actually there) but needless to say we are both very proud of her.
So one final Friday post for the school year and starting next week we will be at the mercy of the summer schedule gods. I bought another bowling pass for the entire summer so that may be our jam again or we'll see what else we can get into. Looking forward to some nicer weather and before we know it I'm sure we will be right back in front of the school starting 4th grade.
Just a few snaps to share, have a great weekend, folks~~
-B














No comments:
Post a Comment