Friday, June 29, 2018

The Oregon Trail & Sun River v2.0! - Jun 29

20180625_152146_HDR_Proof

It was three years ago almost to the day that we spent a few days in Sun River Oregon for a family reunion(on my side). This week(3 years later) we have returned from a virtually identical trip and To say a lot has changed in that time would be an understatement. Well, honestly as adults probably not that much has changed but for Chloe and all of her cousins(and 2nd cousins, as it were) the changes have been significant. 3 years ago some of the kids were literally babies and now they are 3 and 4 years old. Some of the older kids went from being in elementary school to High school. I suspect if we do this again in 3 years the group will be mostly unrecognizable. =)

Our trip was almost identical to our last in the sense that we drove(11+ hours) a couple days ahead of everyone else and stayed with our Friend Ali and her family in Tigard, Oregon(near Portland). They graciously fed and watered us for a couple days while the kids played and the adults got to catch up a little bit. We were able to attend a little festival thing they had going on where they inflated and lit hot air balloons once the sun went down which was pretty cool actually. Something I didn't realize was that this time of year it doesn't get dark there until almost 10pm lol sooooo whoops on the kids bedtime for a week. Oh well, summer vacation. LOL. On Sunday we continued on(3.5 hours) to Sun River where we would spend the next several days with my immediate and full extended family doing various activities and many, many hours at the pool. I can assure you Chloe circled the waterslide at least 100 times. I joked that she complained her legs were sore from riding her bike but I'm pretty sure it's because she climbed the stairs 99 times to hit the water slide(which was freezing cold, BTW).

3 years ago at 5 years old Chloe was able to ride a pony in a little enclosure and she loved it. it's all she talked about. This time going into it we knew she was old enough to go on an actual horseback ride on a trail(for an hour) and that is all she wanted to do. Chloe, Heather, and my mom did that and I was..not interested. lol. I couldn't really get any great photos once they got on the horse but I did get a few before they left.

We also hauled our bikes up there (on the back of my dad's new truck) so we managed to get in a couple good bike rides around the place as well. I would say generally aside from a few mosquito bites we all went away feeling great about the trip. We look forward to the possibility of returning either there or somewhere else in a few years to catch up with everyone again. With that, I am BEAT after a long day of driving and all the fun things that go along with coming back to an empty house. Just some random pics to share to be able to show Chloe and also just to look back on in the future. Also, there is a fair mix in of camera phone photos as well because I did not carry around my big camera setup everywhere we went. =)

Please excuse typo's and errors. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have a great weekend, folks~

-B




20180622_114600_HDR_Proof

20180622_130833_HDR_Proof

20180623-FJ7C9869_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0062_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0065_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0075_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0218_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0227_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0229_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0257_Proof

20180623-FJ7C0292_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0345_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0356_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0362_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0382_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0385_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0427_Proof

20180624-FJ7C0437_Proof

IMG587050638_Proof

20180625_102217_HDR_Proof

20180625_102530_HDR_Proof

20180625_110644_HDR_Proof

20180625_130401_HDR_Proof

20180625_132015_HDR_Proof

20180625-FJ7C0625_Proof

20180625-FJ7C0607_Proof

20180625-FJ7C0657_Proof

20180625-FJ7C0527_Proof

20180627_105114_HDR_Proof

20180626-FJ7C0725_Proof

20180626-FJ7C0732_Proof

20180626-FJ7C0736_Proof

20180627-FJ7C0772_Proof

20180627-FJ7C0782_Proof

20180627-FJ7C0794_Proof

20180627-FJ7C0837_Proof

20180627-FJ7C0855_Proof

20180627_122212_Proof

20180627-FJ7C1205_Proof

20180627-FJ7C1208_Proof

20180627-FJ7C1214_Proof

20180627-FJ7C1220_Proof

20180627-FJ7C1195_Proof



No comments:

Post a Comment