
A few weeks ago we know that Chloe turned 6. Yesterday, on the 28th, my beloved stupid Honda Civic turned 16. LOL. January 28th has been a date I have had burned into my brain since I was 20 years old. It's the day I purchased my first new car(a car I really, REALLY wanted) and most importantly it was the DUE DATE for my monthly payment. When you are 20 years old and responsibility isn't your middle name, if you get someone to give you a car loan you make sure you pay for it on time. Over the years, I have put a significant amount of time and money into making this car exactly how I wanted it. Unfortunately, these vehicles became highly sought after by thieves so driving it and leaving it places became less than desirable. The running joke was we basically had to take Heather's car anytime we went somewhere we planned to park where we could not see the car from where we would be. Ask other (previous) owners of this car and they will tell you the same thing, oddly enough. Anyway, after much precaution (and years of garage parking)I managed to keep hold of the car and sixteen years later, here she is.
Chloe LOVES daddy's Si.
So this January 28th I decided to pay tribute to my now 16 year old car by allowing my now 6 year old daughter to help me give it a wash. Now yes, I know what you are thinking. Brian, we are in a drought. Brian, you aren't supposed to wash your car. Ha! Well, my logic is this: it's not illegal to pay a car wash to wash your car. I'll conserve water in other ways. I actually use very little water by comparison and I'm teaching my daughter valuable life lessons about car detailing and stuff so um, yeah. Don't be mad. But seriously, it does make me happy that Chloe expresses interest in cars and I love that she basically thinks my car is the coolest thing on the planet. It may just be a stupid Honda Civic to most people, but to Chloe and I, it's way more than that. =)
Just a few pics. Have a great weekend, folks~
-B






No comments:
Post a Comment