Friday, August 15, 2014

Surrounded By Elsa - Aug 15

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8201

Judge us if you must but as I may or may not have mentioned before we renewed our annual passes for Disneyland this year and after shooting like 8 weddings in the last 7 weeks it was time for a small break in the action. We hardly ever actually go on vacation over the summer and this was kind of a last minute trip that we figured if Heather could get some time off work we might as well flex our passes and get in a few days at Disneyland. Let's just say it was hot and Olaf(the snowman from Frozen) would have certainly melted. LOL. The parks were definitely more busy than other times of the year when we have gone but we also noticed that the lines were actually moving in some cases faster. Best we could figure was they were actually operating rides with multiple cars/boats/etc so rather than having one ride operator and one ride they would have say 2 or 3 running at once. There was a lot of sweat involved and probably a few years but in the end it's always fun to go. We certainly spend our share of time doing things we have done before but each trip we always try to do something a little bit different than the last.

Two things of note would happen this trip. Chloe discovered the Matterhorn and LOVED IT(rode it 3 or 4 times). Number two, I finally braved the line which has been forever stuck at 120 minutes all day every day(and sometimes longer) to meet "Anna & Elsa" the two main characters and the two most popular characters in Disneyland or Disney anything for that matter. For once there were periods of 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minute lines so I said screw it..let's do it. I set a timer on my phone and I actually spent a full 1 hour, 30 minutes in line and IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. 100% WORTH IT.
Chloe was ECSTATIC to meet them and I'll be darned if they(Anna & Elsa) didn't spend a solid 5 minutes talking with Chloe and joking around with her. It was the most amazing thing I have witnessed as far as meeting a Disney character and actually having them BE the character the whole time. Chloe was IN HEAVEN and it felt like it went on forever. If they would have just hugged and high-fived Chloe I imagine she would have been just as happy but I was really impressed and I imagine she was completely on cloud 9. Oddly enough, after MONTHS AND MONTHS of having ZERO "Frozen" merchandise available apparently the park got a huge shipment of Frozen Character dresses, wigs, tiaras, shirts, you name it. EXPENSIVE but literally flying off the shelves. I texted Heather while I was in like "I'm surrounded by Elsas" LOL because literally every kid in line had on a spanking new $70 Elsa(or Anna) dress. =)

So it was a quick couple days and while it was super hot we still managed not to melt and also have a little fun in the process.

Just a few pics from the trip and we'll be back again I'm sure soon enough. Have a great weekend, folks.

-B

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7683

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7723

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7748

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7755

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7769

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7766

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7823

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7814

20140810chloeblog-IMG_7853

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7911

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7884

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7881

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7873

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7949

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7944

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7964

20140811chloeblog-IMG_7971

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8042

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8082

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8103

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8126

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8146

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8191

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8216

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8248

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8226

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8252

20140812chloeblog-IMG_8263

20140813chloeblog-IMG_8415





No comments:

Post a Comment