
This year as a 4th grader one of the things that becomes available to the students is musical instruments as part of their music class. They sort of mentioned this on the way out last year with some paperwork outlining what they would be able to choose from and how to go about getting an instrument, etc. Much to my total surprise, Chloe was IMMEDIATELY (and dead set I might add) on the Violin. Now, I don't know how to play a Violin and neither does anyone we know and as far as I know Chloe has never seen or touched one in person either. To say her selection was surprising to me was an understatement but I mean, she's pretty decisive and very intent on learning it so..here we are!
After a few visits to the local music stores we have rented Chloe a Violin and this week was their first actual class with the instruments. Let's just say I was very surprised at how LOUD this somewhat small instrument can be at home but Chloe does seem to have a natural knack for it. It's my understanding just getting the thing to make any noise can be a challenge but this kid watches one YouTube video and now she's showing us what to do. To me, playing a string instrument is like a secret special talent that only certain people are gifted with and I can tell you that I am not one of those people. Hopefully Chloe is. =)
Just a few snaps from the week. Have a great weekend, folks~
-B










No comments:
Post a Comment