Friday, January 5, 2018

Almost 8 - Jan 5

20180104Chloeblog-FJ7C8647_Proof


Happy New Year! *partyblowersound

As we roll into 2018, Chloe is just a few days shy of celebrating her 8th birthday. That means that quite literally every Friday for the last 8(ish) years, I have posted something about Chloe and our general life experiences. It all started as an idea of how to keep our family and friends updated while we found ourselves living in the hospital early December 2009 as we anxiously awaited what was to come next. I'm not sure how or why this blog became part of my "thing" but, it did. It certainly has been fun and interesting way to be able to scroll back and re-live the things we have all experienced together over the last 8 years.

Where am I going with all of this? Well, I'm starting to feel like there isn't really all that much new stuff to report week over week going on around here. I am finding myself more often without the prospect of having something new to share. In the coming weeks I may either stop, slow or stretch the frequency of things that I post going forward. I probably have said something similar in the past (and probably have not stuck to what I have said but..)I guess what I'm saying is "we'll see".

With that said, Heather has been off work this week so we have been trying to spend our time getting things done that we needed to do and hang out as a family as allowed and just relax. LOL. We celebrated New Years by staying up just late enough to watch the thing hosted by the American Idol guy where the ball drops. Then we got up the next morning to hang around the house (and put all our Christmas stuff away). No plans to leave town this week so we are trying to enjoy our little "staycation" as we slide slowly into Chloe's birthday this coming Monday of which we will *not be having a party for(again). We will celebrate in our own way low key around here and then hopefully we can have some kind of summer celebration for Chloe's "half birthday" with her friends. Again, one of those we'll see things. We have a lot going on this summer. =)

To cap off the week, Chloe was eating lunch and suddenly proclaimed that she bit into something and now her tooth was bleeding! She knew it was loose(and she had just showed me HOW loose about an hour prior), so in true Chloe fashion she proclaimed it was ready to come out and requested a paper towel. LOL. I have never seen a kid so determined to pull her own teeth out. After several attempts the little bugger was not quite ready to release itself. It would have made for a good blog post but hey, maybe next time. ;-)

Just a few pics from the week. Have a great weekend, folks~

-B




20180104Chloeblog-FJ7C8644_Proof

20180104Chloeblog-FJ7C8653_Proof

20180104Chloeblog-FJ7C8637_Proof

20180104Chloeblog-FJ7C8635_Proof

No comments:

Post a Comment