
Over the last few weeks Chloe has been fairly obsessed with the idea of us getting a cat.
Hmm, nope.
I hate to be the party pooper in most situations that sound like fun but I guess that's kind of my job sometimes as a dad. I'm okay with it. =) You may or may not recall but we used to have a cat. Not to long after we got Penny, Kitty ended up passing away. I made the assertion that once Kitty was gone that I didn't want to get another cat and almost 3 years later, I still feel that way. For whatever reason, Heather and Chloe made a few visits over the last few weekends to the pet store which on a typical weekend has kittens available to adopt. Chloe really liked one particular cat and she would come home and talk about this cat and she started talking about cats constantly. Of course I had to be the bad guy and let her know that we would not be getting a cat and while she is not happy with that, she has become determined to find a neighborhood cat to play with. I'm 100% okay with that plan. LOL.
Last week week while walking the dog we happened upon a cat sitting underneath a car and Chloe immediately exclaims "good thing I brought this cat toy!" and pulls from her back pocket one of our old cat toys that I didn't even know we still had. With a confused look on my face, I watched Chloe literally lure this cat from under the car which then came over and allowed Chloe to pet it(and played with the toy). Hilarious.
Since then, every day that we take the dog for a walk Chloe has brought along some kind of "cat toy" either one that we own or one that she made. I am not going to discourage her from playing with other peoples cats but like I said, not interested in having one. =)
Have a great weekend, folks~
B





No comments:
Post a Comment