Friday, June 10, 2016

Goodbye Kindergarten, Hello Summer! - Jun 10

FJ7C0952chloeblog-130_Proof

And just like that, Kindergarten is over!!

180 days of school and today marks day 1 of Chloe's official summer vacation. The school year has been, interesting. Very different (obviously) from preschool and pre-k but overall Chloe has excelled. She basically came into kindergarten being able to do most of the things academically they expected her to do by the end of kindergarten but she also learned a ton of stuff. I know when I was in kindergarten we were never expected to be able to do all the things kids today are expected to. I guess from generation to generation that statement could be basically applied to everything. =)

Summer plans are to find lots of things to do, play dates and swimming, etc but I guess not so much on the week after week "camps" that most kids seem to do. I believe Chloe will get to attend a gymnastics camp for a week in July but that's about it. The summer this year is quite short as the school year start and end dates have shifted. The school year starts earlier this year and ends earlier next year but because of that, the summer is really just about 2 months and some change. We will make do.

For Chloe last day of school this year, they had a laundry list of activities planned. Once again I was fortunate enough to respond to an email quickly enough to be one of 3 parents on site to help monitor all the kids in the various activites. Bowling, bikes, jump ropes, bead necklaces, coloring, shoe kicking contest, cherry pit spitting, candy grabbing...fun. The kids said their goodbyes as I tried not to cry. LOL. It was a very confusing group of goodbyes as the kids finally realized that they would not be seeing each other tomorrow. Next year it will be interesting to see who ends up in Chloe's class because while she certainly made some friends this year, essentially none of them have made the jump to being able to have a playdate with them outside of school. Not for lack of trying, it just seemed difficult this year for some reason so I guess which could also be a disconnect in the parents just as much as the kids. The preschool was much better in that respect and ironically the 2 friends Chloe seems to see the most outside of school are from her preschool.

Just a few pics from Chloe's last day, and a look back/comparison of the first day to the last.
Have a great weekend, folks~

-B


FJ7C0851chloeblog-105_Proof

FJ7C0854chloeblog-106_Proof

FJ7C0862chloeblog-108_Proof

FJ7C0876chloeblog-112_Proof

FJ7C0884chloeblog-113_Proof

FJ7C0905chloeblog-119_Proof

FJ7C0915chloeblog-121_Proof

FJ7C0932chloeblog-127_Proof

20150825ChloeBlog-FJ7C9927_Proof

20150825ChloeBlog-FJ7C9923_Proof

20150824ChloeBlog-FJ7C9895_Proof

FJ7C0837chloeblog-104_Proof

No comments:

Post a Comment