Friday, May 6, 2016

The Little Farm! - May 6

FJ7C8898chloeblog-104_Proof

Last Friday Chloe's class had their 3rd and final field trip of the school year. Let me think, Children's Fairyland, Pumpkin Patch, and now Tilden Park. I guess there are a few different areas of Tilden park but for the field trip they chose to visit the farm! Once again I spent the extra energy it took to get approved to be a driver/chaperon for this field trip although unfortunately(or fortunately, I guess) I could only take Chloe and one other kid in my car. No 7 passenger minivan here, folks. Lucky for Chloe, the teacher paired her up with her friend, Loghan who she seems to like to play with at school. They seem to be fairly opposite personalities as far as I can tell, but it kind of works out.

I thought I was going to have to facilitate conversation or keep them entertained in the car but I literally did not say two words all the way there and all the way back(about 40 min each way). They played little weird games and kept each other going the whole time. When we arrived at the park, all the kids ate a snack and then we were off to the races. We were basically on our own just the three of us for the next hour and a half to wander. We visited the farm animals and fed them lettuce (which we brought with us). The kids grew bored of that so we explored a little museum they had on site and then we walked what seemed like forever (.2 miles according to the sign) to see a small lake. The lake was, a lake. The kids were not impressed. LOL. Actually, I found a fallen tree which protruded into the lake that had a dozen or so turtles sunbathing on it. We checked that out for a minute then started our .2 mile trek back.

It all ended with a class picture and then the drive home. With just about a month left of Kindergarten, I cannot believe it's almost over! Anyway, here are a few pics from the trip!

Have a great weekend~
-B


FJ7C8885chloeblog-100_Proof

FJ7C8908chloeblog-108_Proof

FJ7C8933chloeblog-116_Proof

FJ7C8955chloeblog-123_Proof

No comments:

Post a Comment