So you may or may not have heard and it saddens me very much to say that on Tuesday this week we lost our sweet puppy, Abbey. Abbey has had an unbelievable amount of medical issues in the last few years along with a couple of major surgeries and she has always been a very resilient dog. She was also the sweetest, most appreciative and loving dog that anyone could have ever asked for. When Chloe came along we knew that she was going to love Abbey as much as we did and if you know us or have been following this blog, Abbey loved Chloe just as much as we all do. We told ourselves that when Abbey did finally pass that the hardest part would be trying to tell Chloe what happened and why her Abbey is no longer here. It turns out so far that quite the opposite is true. Chloe is much smarter than we give her credit for and she almost without question accepted our explanation that Abbey had to go live in Heaven and that she would no longer get to see her. The hardest part was not trying to tell Chloe. The hardest part so far I think has been coming home to a quiet house and an empty dog bed that we see and wonder, "where is Abbey?" I can barely write this because I can barely see the screen anymore. I(neither of us) can actually believe this day has come. We have grown so accustomed to our daily routine that to suddenly no longer have her here to take care of has been really hard and it's only been a couple of days. I'm sure as time goes on it will get easier or at least that's what everybody is saying but it really is not something we were prepared for.
I take great comfort in knowing that she was able to pass here in her bed with me by her side as I keep telling Heather it was not something we wanted to happen(of course) but I would rather have one of us here and have her go because it was time rather than have to take her to the vet and have them make us "decide" to put her to sleep. While I did not know it would happen so quickly, Chloe did get to say goodbye and the last thing she told her was "I love you, Abbey!" Within 5 minutes of that, we would lose her.
I don't mean to bum anybody out, but instead of posting new pictures this week I will save them until next week and I wanted to re-post some old pictures and a few that I found of Abbey I took one day while Chloe was pulling out Abbey's favorite toys and saying "HERE, ABBEY! PLAY WITH THIS!" We were lucky to have her in our lives and we are extremely sorry to see her go but we have wonderful memories and albums full of pictures and we will always remember our sweet girl, Abbey.
-B
No comments:
Post a Comment