To think that every Thursday night I have sat at my computer and edited through literally thousands of pictures I have taken of Chloe for the last two years is mind boggling. Chloe's birthday this year falls on a Sunday but that doesn't stop me from thinking about where we were 2 years worth of Fridays ago. Laying in the worst bed/couch thing you can imagine at the hospital I remember trying to fall asleep only to be interrupted what seemed like every hour for someone wanting to poke and prod Heather. I remember having some crazy dreams which is strange because like I said I feel like I hardly slept. It has been the craziest two years of my(our?) lives but also the absolute best two years of my(our) lives. I'm glad I've been able to share a little bit of it here with..whoever is still checking in(I know of a few) =).
As we wind down these last few days of Chloe being "23 months" I'm going to have to get used to just calling her "two". I think the cut off for the month designation is two. She moves right past that stage of being a "baby" to what..toddler? I guess she has been a toddler for a while now but I think in our minds she's still a baby. I don't know if that's ever going to change. I see people with their 4 and 5 month old babies and I still feel like Chloe is that small. She's not, obviously. At two years old, Chloe continues to just amaze us every day with the new things she learns and does. She practically speaks in full sentences and can describe day to day things to us as they happen like a play by play announcer. This week she has been telling us out of nowhere that she wants to "go to Fat Maddie's" which we both laughed at until the real underlying reason came out...which is that she wants to "Go to the pet store!" She understands that Fat Maddie's(a restaurant we frequent) is just next door to Petco and when we go there we typically will go into Petco after and let Chloe look at the Turtles/Mice/fish/birds, etc. How smart is this kid? Truly not a "baby" anymore.
Anyway, her birthday is this weekend and we're having a little party thing for her so that should be fun! She's currently obsessed with candles and more specifically blowing them out so it will be interesting to see how the birthday candle thing goes. =) I can't believe she will be two years old but I'm sure I will be saying that with every year that goes by...for the rest of my life. Here are just a few pics captured around the house this week including some in her new "Buzz Suit"(as she calls it) which is basically pajamas but she wants to wear them all day, every day. On Wednesday, I let her wear them all day ha-ha so there are some pictures of our little space ranger mixed in. Have a great weekend!
Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment