
It's funny when life reminds you in strange ways that your daughter is actually...yours.
I can't sing. Like, I will sing something but I know I can't. Heather, I don't think I've ever heard her sing but by her evaluation, she can't either. LOL. Chloe..well she hasn't learned how to sing yet in a technical sense but that doesn't stop her from singing along to stuff. She's a kid, that's the beauty of being a kid. I think people can be taught how to sing but in general I think for the most part you are born with the "gift" and it's just a matter of tapping into it. I'm going somewhere with all of this.
Last weekend was our friend's daughter's birthday, Hailey, who turned 9. We found out a few weeks ago it was going to be a "rock-star" party and there would be karaoke and to start planning an outfit and thinking of songs to sing. Chloe, for 2-3 weeks all she would talk about is this rock-star party. Finally the day arrived and we all decided to have a go at the theme. I was excited to do some Karaoke but I probably should have realized that it was for the kids. LOL. Anyway, I remember vividly at my high school senior "overnighter" which was this big event they held at the school where literally all night long we played games, sang karaoke, goofed around, etc. That was the first time I ever performed a karaoke song and it was such a blast. It wasn't, however, the first time I had been on a microphone in front of a lot of people, that came earlier that same year in high school as well and I found out that I FREAKING LOVED IT. I think Chloe might have had this experience last weekend at just 6.5 years old because when I tell you she got on this karaoke machine and almost never walked away from it I am not exaggerating. She LOVED it. The best part about the whole thing was that the setup was a specific karaoke system that actually had an auto-tune feature built in and for those of you not familiar, auto-tune basically takes an out of pitch note and attempts to "correct" it so even if you are not a great singer, you sound like you are! If you are a good singer, then it doesn't "correct" as much (because it wouldn't need to) so in the end, you feel like a superhero when you are singing and it kind of sounds like you know what you are doing. =)
Anyway, we had a blast and Chloe got her first taste of super-stardom..long road ahead of us if she plans to be a singer but still plenty of fun nonetheless.
Have a great weekend, folks~
-B




No comments:
Post a Comment