
Last weekend amidst some rainy and cold weather Chloe had the idea that she wanted to make a sled. She asked me if I had a small piece of cardboard to which I replied yes and came back with something I had hoped would blow her mind. It just so happened that we ordered a few things for our new car and I had a giant box that one of the parts came in that I knew would do the trick. =)
I cut a big hole in the box and using one of Chloe's jump ropes suddenly we had an indoor "sled". After dragging Chloe around inside a few times she decided she wanted to make it a car..that was also a sled. LOL. We made a spoiler and Chloe got to work adding decorations and embellishments. Without any help she made a licence plate and even an "si" badge(like daddy's cars). That night, she brought out a few blankets from her room and covered it(like daddy's car). A cute exercise in creativity and "do it yourself" fun. I did tell Chloe that she would be able to play with if for about a week because after that we would need to recycle the cardboard as we are required to. ;-) Unfortunately, we cannot have a gigantic, floor covering, space taking up, cardboard box sled car inside our house that long.
we took a few videos when we were building it and playing with it but for this I just grabbed a few shots with her playing in it. She even put in a seat belt(which I didn't see her do). She found that she likes to sit in the sled/car and eat her snacks, haha! This kid is hilarious.
Have a great weekend, folks~~
-B





No comments:
Post a Comment