
After just a few weeks Chloe's Kindergarten class had their first off campus excursion and yours truly decided it would be a good idea to volunteer as a chaperon. As such, I was given 2 children and a stack of papers with their emergency contact information and was told "try not to lose them." LOL Just kidding, I was given FIVE children. =)
We loaded up all of the kindergarten classes on 2 LARGE school buses and headed out for about a 30 minute trip to "Children's Fairyland" in Oakland. My mom tells me I have been there before when I was a kid but I absolutely do not remember it. It's a weird place but it's perfect for kids of this age. Basically it reminds me of a miniature golf course because there are lots of little areas to explore with all sorts of characters. There are little rides here and there and puppet shows, little buildings and even some petting zoo sized animals. I was actually pretty stressed out about keeping track of these 5 kids(one being Chloe) however I was pleasantly surprised that most of them listened to me very well. Most of them. HA! Well you probably think I mean Chloe but actually it was this other little boy who was described to me as "likely to run and has a tendency to push other kids". I'm here to tell you, that was true.
Despite all of that, the kids had a great time. The probably all spent the most time sliding down the side of a small (fake)grass hill on pieces of cardboard. Chloe got to spend some time with her little friend from school, Emmie. They sort of found each other at some of the school playdates prior to school starting and happened to land in the same class. They have snack together every day and generally seem to enjoy each other so that's nice that they are getting along. Just some pics from the day..it was somewhat difficult to get photos because I really needed all my senses to make sure I put 5 kids back on the bus at the end. Have a great weekend. =)
-B














No comments:
Post a Comment