Friday, August 7, 2015

Roller Dirby! - Aug 7

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9709_Proof

A while back after trying (but never successfully making it) to ice skating rink with Chloe we had a free afternoon and compromised: roller skating! Chloe, had never roller skated before (and probably had never even seen anyone doing it either) but she's willing to try anything and she was as excited as I've ever seen her. We headed over to what I can call "my old stomping grounds" (and if your from the area you will know about) "The Golden Skate" which at this point has to be one of San Ramon's oldest businesses. When I was 16 I used to work as a youth hockey coach for the City of San Ramon and the league took place at the Golden Skate. Aside from that, I used to go there with my friends on a semi-regular basis to skate and not hold hands with girls during couples skate lol sadface.

ANYWAY.

Chloe...LOVED IT. Loved it. All she could talk about was when the next time she could go roller skating would be. She actually did surprisingly well with help from the wall and us holding her up..towards the end she was kind of moving along slowly by herself. She asked me every day if she could go skating again. Long story long, I figured she would worth learning with her own skates and ended up finding a really inexpensive pair of roller skates on Amazon(less than $20 when every store was like $40-$65) and some safety pads. Chloe suddenly had a new thing for her to "earn". She was so excited and after a few weeks, she finally earned enough "stones" via her good behavior to receive them. The rest, as they say, is history. =)

Have a great weekend, folks~

-B

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9700_Proof

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9692_Proof


20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9735_Proof

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9740_Proof

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9714_Proof

20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9705_Proof


20150806ChloeBlog-IMG_9752_Proof

No comments:

Post a Comment