Friday, September 20, 2013

Daddy's First Day Of School - Sept 20

20130919vpp_BRIAN_GROSS-FJ7C1836

This week was super busy for everyone here. Chloe going into her 2nd week of pre school seems to have adjusted very well to the process of it all. Walk in the door, put your bag in the cubby, wash your hands and meet the class in the block room. As I mentioned last week, she was immediately ok with us just dropping her off and leaving her to "play" with her friends. This week we had to focus a little bit more on making sure she understood the order of events when she arrived at school and when it was time to go she had to go. LOL.
Late Wednesday night I got an email from the schedule lady asking for a last minute person to take a work day from another parent that was scheduled and couldn't do it. I put myself on a list of people who would be available for just such a thing so on Thursday I got to work my first day in the classroom. When I told Chloe she actually tole me: "Daddy, I like you but you aren't staying in my school. You are going to leave, okay?" LOL I swear.

We arrived a little early and I chose my work assignment, the library. I chose that intentionally because I knew that Chloe would probably be outside on the playground for the time they were allowed to do "free choice" play. As much as I wanted to see what Chloe was up to, I felt like it would be better this early not to hover her and more than likely I would be compelled to call her out for every thing she might be doing wrong and I'm pretty sure she's heard enough of that from me. LOL. I think it would do her good to be monitored by other adults that she doesn't know. Anyway, she does fine and I got to experience an entirely different thing then I even thought I would. I'll explain.

The library where I was to work is also where the pre-k class meets for the first hour of the day. Chloe's class meets in the "block room" and I didn't realise that I wouldn't even be with her class. Not a problem because there will be plenty of opportunities to work in all of the stations around the school. I got to be a part of a class with kids that are about Chloe's age and a little older(Chloe's birthday puts her as one of if not the oldest in her class). It was interesting because aside from our friends with kids, it was really the first time I have been around a group of kids Chloe's age and it was really interesting to see them all interacting with each other. As the day went on, the class split up and they did a few different activities. Eventually, all of the kids were able to take part in their "free choice" time and as I suspected, Chloe was nowhere to be found. She did appear after while to have a snack in the kitchen and she stuck her head out the door long enough to say hi to me but then quickly disappeared again to play. The day was over before I knew it and after some cleaning up, we were done. Just like that.

It was a busy and interesting week to say the least and while I did bring my camera to take some pictures while at the school, I didn't get any photos of Chloe because as I said she was off having her own fun. The school has a shutterfly site where families and teachers at the school can upload photos so I tried to contribute to that instead. Here are just a few snaps of Chloe. Have a great weekend, folks.
-B



20130919vpp_BRIAN_GROSS-FJ7C1834

20130919Chloe-FJ7C1935

20130919Chloe-FJ7C1937

20130919Chloe-FJ7C1946

No comments:

Post a Comment