I had a new experience this week.
This week, Heather had the opportunity to travel down to southern California for a work thing so I was tasked with keeping our daughter fed and watered all week...alone. I wasn't worried. Luckily, I have had the opportunity to be home with Chloe almost everyday for the last 3 and a half years sooooo, what could go wrong??
I'm happy to report that everything went just fine and Chloe is in fact alive and in tact. Thankfully, Chloe is a pretty smart kid so when Heather explained to her that daddy would be reading her books and putting her to bed this week, she was not phased in the slightest. Through the advent that is modern technology, Heather was able to video chat with Chloe using my phone so aside from not physically being here, we made the best of the situation and I think that helped(both Heather & Chloe) get through the week. =)
I have to say though, it was pretty interesting doing the bedtime routine every night. Chloe is VERY PARTICULAR and very much a creature of habbit. She likes to do things the same way in the same order every night and to be honest with you I think she was taking advantage of the fact that I'm not the "regular guy". She seemed to pick out booked that were extraordinarily long and I would start reading them and realise..this is going to take like a half hour to read. LOL. There is usually the singing of a few songs in Chloe's room and the first night I swear I sang 10. By the 3rd night I was on to her game and I made her choose just 3..but she knew what she was doing. Probably the most memorable night this week was Wednesday night. Wednesday night was the only time this week that I made Chloe a bath(at her request) over taking a shower and apparently I did it wrong. I had to hear for the entire bath and the hour following how I put to much water in the tub and that there were bubbles in the water and she didn't want the bubbles. LOL. "Daddy, you put to much water, I'm going to open the drain and let some out!" "Daddy, There is TO MUCH WATER in here, next time don't use so much water, ok?!" "Daddy, I don't want the bubbles, can you take the bubbles out?" Lesson, learned.
I'm not sure who is more excited for Heather to get home today. =) Here are just a few pics I managed to snap of Chloe just goofing around..which often end up being some of my favorite pictures. Have a great weekend!
(I need a nap)- Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment